Office Hour Guidelines
- TAs will NOT fix your code. That’s your job. TAs’ job is to point you in the right direction.
- BEFORE asking for help:
- Re-read the homework instructions carefully
- Draw diagrams to understand the overall architecture
printf() into various places to debug your code (don’t forget to add a
- Run your code with valgrind
valgrind --leak-check=yes ./myexecutable
- Search through the past listserv postings
- Read man pages for the functions and commands that you’re using
- When asking for help, make your questions as specific as possible.
- Please be respectful to TAs and to other students. This is particularly applicable right before a deadline or test. Everyone is just as busy as you are.
TA Office Hours Calendar
Times and locations are always subject to change, so make sure to check the listserv and the class calendar before you go. Additionally, some TAs have prepared a sign-up sheet; please check the description of the calendar events and sign up if applicable.
Jae’s Office Hours Calendar